Acaria – So What Does It Mean?
[ Aca-ri-a ]
I seem to have spent a long time thinking about a name for my company – looking for inspiration in everything around me. But nothing resonated. It was while thinking about a brand that ‘Acaria’ came up as one possible option. Initially it felt like it worked for me as the first 3 letters are my initials, so it felt personal; once I had looked into the meaning of the word, it all just clicked into place.
The name embodies:
- A happy, versatile, and expressive nature, with good business judgment and a fine sense of responsibility, an ability to establish congenial relationships in positions of trust where you are dealing with the public.
- With a clever, quick mind, with the ability to accomplish a great deal in a short period of time.
- It also brings out your love of home and family, and in close association you are able to show understanding and affection.
- Others are attracted by your generosity and your consideration of their interests.
I am an experienced Chief People Officer, with deep knowledge and expertise across a broad range of areas in Human Resources supporting Consultancy, interim projects and roles in this field. I am also a qualified Executive and Life Coach, Mediator and Mentor.
I have worked at all levels within organisations; including with CEO’s, Boards, Executive Committees and senior leaders, on a global basis for 20+ years.My career has spanned different sectors and includes Ford Motor Company, Lloyds Banking Group and the Lloyd’s Insurance Market; all regulated businesses.
I am also an experienced Executive and Non Executive member of Remuneration and Nomination committees; taking an advisory role to Boards.
I also have an MBA and am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development.
For additional information on how I may be able to support you and / or your organisation please contact me by providing your contact details here.
Outside work : I have two sons who are now at university; I am on a mission to get fit for a mud run later in the year and I do Pet Therapy work with my dog Barkley.
For more information about me and my career to date, please take a look at my Linkedin profile.
- An experienced Chief People Officer .
- A Female Executive who has worked with Boards and Executive committees.
- With global experience across different sectors.
- A Qualified Coach.
- An Accredited Mediator.
- Who has worked in Unionised and Non Unionised environments.
- Develops and Implements Talent Strategy.
- Ensures that Culture, Diversity & Inclusion are the golden thread that run through all she does.
- Advisor to Chairmen, CEOs, Boards and Executive Committees.
- Financial services regulatory knowledge and experience.
- Independent advisor to UK Government & the City of London.
- Experienced Non Executive
- ‘Focuses on ‘Giving back and passing it on’’.
- ‘Passionate about making a difference – personally and professionally.’
- ‘Works on the basis of trust, and with integrity.’
- ‘Has a strong personal values set, with high levels of humility.’
- ‘Generous and a born optimist.’
- ‘She is fantastic to explore all potential paths’
- ‘High energy, with a lot of resilience.’
- ‘Brings a positive outlook, can do approach.’
- ‘Approachable in all situations’.
- ‘She has the gift to get to the heart of the matter.’
- ‘Enables her clients to make rapid progress in a short space of time’.d